Runtime: 135 min
Directed by: Robert Rossen
IMDb Link: http://imdb.com/title/tt0054997
Paul Newman ... Eddie Felson
Jackie Gleason ... Minnesota Fats
Piper Laurie ... Sarah Packard
George C. Scott ... Bert Gordon
Myron McCormick ... Charlie Burns
Murray Hamilton ... Findley
Michael Constantine ... Big John
Description: "Fast" Eddie Felson is a small-time pool hustler with a lot of talent but a self-destructive attitude. His bravado causes him to challenge the legendary "Minnesota Fats" to a high-stakes match, but he loses in a heartbreaking marathon. Now broke and without his long-time manager, Felson faces an uphill battle to regain his confidence and his game. It isn't until he hits rock bottom that he agrees to join up with ruthless and cutthroat manager Bert Gordon. Gordon agrees to take him on the road to learn the ropes. But Felson soon realizes that making it to the top could cost him his soul, and perhaps his girlfriend. Will he decide that this is too steep a price to pay in time to save himself?
Also included "The Hustler: The Inside Story" extra which gives details on how the film came to be made, and delivers some stories from some of the film-makers and a few surprise guests.
Video and audio information:
Video : 517 MB, 1107 Kbps, 23.976 fps, 720*320 (2.25:1), XviD = XviD 1.1.0 beta
Audio : 179 MB, 192 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = AC3
Subtitles (English and French in SRT format and Spanish in SUB/IDX format) + sample (7 MB)
Triple audio track information
This movie contains three audio tracks, one is original English, and the others are superb commentary tracks which feature the comments, reminisces, and perspectives from actors: Paul Newman, and Stefan Gierash (Preacher), Dede Allen (film editor), Ulu Grosbard (assistant director), Carol Rossen (the director's daughter), Richard Schickel (film critic, Time), and Jeff Young (film historian). The comments cover all aspects of the making of the film. Newman's comments are interspersed throughout the film.
You can use VLC Player to easily choose between any of audio tracks or you can use VirtualDub to get rid of any of audio tracks by following these steps:
1. Download Virtualdub from that WWW address:
2. Download your version, unzip the files, start the program by running VirtualDub.exe
3. From “File” tab choose “Open video file” and find your dual audio file on your HDD (or you can simply drag and drop movie file into program window)
4. If any warining window pops up, just click on “OK”
5. From “Video” tab choose “Direct stream copy” option (very important, do not miss that step)
6. From “Audio” tab choose which audio stream you want to use, usually English is Stream 1, and commentary is on Stream 2, but to be 100 % sure use preview option that VD provides by clicking on “Play” button on the butttom of program window when video file is loaded. Of course you can get rid of original audio and save the file with commentary that way too, just by choosing other stream
7. From “File” tab choose “Save AVI file”, put movie name and choose destination folder and then click on OK. Program will start its job after no more than 2 minutes your only one audio track movie should be ready.