Hi, folks :)
I'd like to encourage to to leave comments on my blog...It takes me a lot of time to maintain all these files and keep the site going, but comments rate is horrible :)
When checking amount of visitors, it says, there are over 100 visitors each day, and only a few comments... That's so sad, I just wanna know your opinion, no matter you like my uploads or not, just let me know you are here for me, as I am here for you
And the last thing, please, if you know somebody who is keen on old movies, and don't know this site yet, please tell them: "That site is a piece od masterpiece"
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Hi, folks :)
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Runtime: 105 min
Directed by: William Wyler
IMDb Link: http://imdb.com/title/tt0043014/
William Holden ... Joe Gillis
Gloria Swanson ... Norma Desmond
Erich von Stroheim ... Max von Mayerling
Nancy Olson ... Betty Schaefer
Fred Clark ... Sheldrake
Lloyd Gough ... Morino
Jack Webb ... Artie Green
Description: Joe Gillis, an unsuccessful screenplay writer, escapes the finance men who are trying to reclaim his car by driving into the garage of an old mansion on Sunset Boulevard. Assumed to be someone else, he is led by Max the butler to the mansion's owner, silent film star Norma Desmond. Wishing to make a comeback, she hires him to rewrite her "Salome" script, then falls in love with him. Joe moves into the mansion as a kept man. Secretly, Joe is collaborating with a pretty young screenplay editor, Betty Schaefer, on another idea. Though she is engaged to his best friend, Artie Green, an assistant director, Betty falls in love with Joe. When Betty finds out about Norma, she asks him to leave Norma for her, but Joe can't unsettle her life, too. He decides, instead, to leave Hollywood. As he is leaving, a crazed Norma tries to stop him.
Also included a really nice set of extra material:
* "The making of Sunset Boulevard" - including interviews with Nancy Olson, Ed Sikov, film critic Andrew Sarris, Paramount producer A.C. Lyles and Glenn Close)
* "Franz Waxman and the music of Sunset Boulevard"
* "The Noir side of Sunset Boulevard" by Joseph Wambaugh
* "Edith Head: The Paramount Years" - documentary of the famed costume designer
* Hollywood location map
* "Paramount in the 50s" - featurette about studio's successes in 1950s
* "Mad about the boy: A portrait of William Holden"
* "Recording Sunset Boulevard"
* "Stories of Sunset Boulevard"
* "Sunset Boulevard: The beginning" - featurette detailing pre-production of movie
* "Sunset Boulevard becomes a classic"
* "The city of Sunset Boulevard"
* "Behind the Gates: The Lot"
* "Two sides of Ms Swanson"
* Original theatrical trailer
* Shooting script (PDF file)
* Official soundtrack by Franz Waxman:
1. Sunset Boulevard Prelude
2. Paramount Studio
3. Chase and Mansion
4. Norma Desmond
5. An Aging Actress
6. Reading The Script
7. The Strange Garden
8. Norma's Gallery
9. The Waxworks and The Bridge Game
10. Afternoon Outings
11. Sacrifice of Self-Respect
12. The Old Bathing Beauty
13. Parading To Paramount
14. Old Friends
15. DeMille's Companion
16. Norma's Suspicions
17. A New Interest And The Studio Stroll
18. Her First Husband
19. The Showdown
21. Joe Walks Out
22. The Corpse
23. The Comeback
24. Sunset Boulevard Cast
25. Prelude and Conversing Corpses
Video and audio information:
Video : 1.97 GB, 2553 Kbps, 23.976 fps, 656x480 (1.37:1), V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC x264 core 128
Audio : 353/63 MB (main/commentary) , 448/80 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2/2 channels, 0x55 = AC3/VORBIS, CBR/VBR
Subtitles (English, Spanish, French, Portuguese closed captions embedded in a movie, to play them choose Subtitle=>Sub Track in VLC Player and separate English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Greek, Turkish, German, Italian, Polish, Dutch, Swedish, Serbian, Czech, Danish, Finnish, Hungarian, Norwegian, Arabic), posters and screenshots included
Dual audio track information
This movie contains two audio tracks, one is original English, and the other is commentary by Ed Sikov, author of "On Sunset Boulevard: The Life and Times of Billy Wilder". You can use VLC Player to easily choose between any of audio tracks (Audio => Audio track and switch to main audio track on Track 1, commentary on Track 2)