Runtime: 111 min
Directed by: Akira Kurosawa
IMDb Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055630/
Toshirô Mifune ... Sanjuro Kuwabatake / The Samurai
Tatsuya Nakadai ... Unosuke, gunfighter
Yôko Tsukasa ... Nui
Isuzu Yamada ... Orin
Daisuke Katô ... Inokichi, Ushitora's rotund brother
Eijirô Tono ... Gonji, tavern keeper
Description: Sanjuro, a wandering samurai enters a rural town in nineteenth century Japan. After learning from the innkeeper that the town is divided between two gangsters, he plays one side off against the other. His efforts are complicated by the arrival of the wily Unosuke, the son of one of the gangsters, who owns a revolver. Unosuke has Sanjuro beaten after he reunites an abducted woman with her husband and son, then massacres his father's opponents. During the slaughter, the samurai escapes with the help of the innkeeper; but while recuperating at a nearby temple, he learns of innkeeper's abduction by Unosuke, and returns to the town to confront him.
Also set of extra material included:
* A 45-minute documentary on the making of Yojimbo, created as part of the Toho Masterworks series "Akira Kurosawa: It Is Wonderful to Create"
* Theatrical trailer and teaser
* US theatrical release title sequence
Video and audio information:
Video : 1.43 GB, 1843 Kbps, 23.976 fps, 672*288 (2.35:1), XviD 1.3.0.dev55
Audio : 355/152 MB (main/commentary), 448/192 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 3 channels/1 channel, 0x55 = AC3
Subtitles (English, French, Spanish, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese-Brazilian, German, Turkish) included
Dual audio track information
This movie contains two audio tracks, one is original Japanese, and the other is additional audio commentary by film historian and Kurosawa scholar Stephen Prince. You can use VLC Player to easily choose between any of audio tracks or you can use VirtualDub to get rid of any of audio tracks by following these steps:
1. Download Virtualdub from that WWW address:
2. Download your version, unzip the files, start the program by running VirtualDub.exe
3. From “File” tab choose “Open video file” and find your dual audio file on your HDD (or you can simply drag and drop movie file into program window)
4. If any warning window pops up, just click on “OK”
5. From “Video” tab choose “Direct stream copy” option (very important, do not miss that step)
6. From “Audio” tab choose which audio stream you want to use, usually English is Stream 1, and commentary is on Stream 2, but to be 100 % sure use preview option that VD provides by clicking on “Play” button on the butttom of program window when video file is loaded. Of course you can get rid of original audio and save the file with commentary that way too, just by choosing other stream.
7. From “File” tab choose “Save AVI file”, put movie name and choose destination folder and then click on OK. Program will start its job after no more than 2 minutes your only one audio track movie should be ready.