Runtime: 104 min
Directed by: William Wyler
IMDb Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0030287/
Bette Davis ... Julie
Henry Fonda ... Preston Dillard
George Brent ... Buck Cantrell
Margaret Lindsay ... Amy
Donald Crisp ... Dr. Livingstone
Fay Bainter ... Aunt Belle
Description: Set in antebellum New Orleans during the early 1850's, this film follows Julie Marsden through her quest for social redemption on her own terms. Julie is a beautiful and free spirited, rapacious Southern belle who is sure of herself and controlling of her fiancé Preston Dillard, a successful young banker. Julie's sensitive but domineering personality--she does not want so much to hurt as to assert her independence--forces a wedge between Preston and herself. To win him back, she plays North against South amid a deadly epidemic of yellow fever which claims a surprising victim.
Video and audio information:
Video : 1.25 GB, 1730 Kbps, 23.976 fps, 608*448 (4:3), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4
Audio : 143 MB, 192 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 1 channel, 0x2000 = AC3,
Subtitles (English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Greek, Romanian) + sample + theatrical trailer ( 27 MB)
DUAL AUDIO TRACK
This movie contains two audio tracks, one is original English, and the second is commentary from movie historician. You can use VLC Player to easily choose between any of audio tracks or you can use VirtualDub to get rid of any of audio tracks by following these steps:
1. Download Virtualdub from that WWW address:
2. Download your version, unzip the files, start the program by running VirtualDub.exe
3. From "File" tab choose "Open video file" and find your dual audio file on your HDD (or you can simply drag and drop movie file into program window)
4. If any warining window pops up, just click on "OK"
5. From "Video" tab choose "Direct stream copy" option (very important, do not miss that step)
6. From "Audio" tab choose which audio stream you want to use, usually English is Stream 1, and commentary is on Stream 2, but to be 100 % sure use preview option that VD provides by clicking on "Play" button on the butttom of program window when video file is loaded. Of course you can get rid of original audio and save the file with commentary that way too, just by choosing other stream
7. From "File" tab choose "Save AVI file", put movie name and choose destination folder and then click on OK. Program will start its job after no more than 2 minutes your only one audio track movie should be ready.